The San Juan Local Integrating Organization (SJ-LIO) has successfully accomplished the following projects (Near Term Actions):
- San Juan County Lead Entity for Salmon Recovery targeted funding to the highest scoring salmon recovery projects (A.6. 1. SJI9);
- Built technical assistance capacity related to compliance with environmental regulation (B1. 3. SJI8);
- Identified areas in need of greater shoreline protection for salmon recovery (B2. 1. SJI10);
- Improved stormwater permit reviewing (C2. 2. SJI3);
- Coordinated Best Management Practices (BMPs) with on-site septic and stormwater systems (C2. 4. SJI5);
- Implemented the County’s on-sight sewage system operation and maintenance program (C5. 1. SJI4);
- Developed a stormwater monitoring program (C2, 4. SJI6);
- Worked with the Island Oil Spill Readiness and Response team (C8. 3. SJI2); and
- Organized and conducted a Marine Manager workshop at the UW Friday Harbor Laboratories (C8. 1. SJI1).
Click here for a summary of the 2012 Marine Manager Workshop.
For further details on the above projects, see the PSP Report Card for 2012-2014. Filter by LIO (San Juan LIO) on the left-hand side of the screen and scroll up to 2012-2014 on the upper blue bar to view a detailed report for each of these accomplished projects.